Noble 22/11

Alles over Magic Toernooien. (reports, uitslagen, afspraak verzamelen, vervoer, ...)
misterQ
Legend

Noble 22/11

Post by misterQ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Een paar vraagjes of het Noble toernooi van 22 november, klopt het dat het formaat modern is?

Hoe zit het juist met kaarten die zowel common als uncommon voorkomen? Telt de laagste rarity? Telt de laagste LEGAL rarity? Of telt de hoogste rarity?

zie index.php?f=5&t=1759&p=17924&hilit=nobl ... pic#p17924 voor de originele thread
"Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all."
—Ouallada

xaldin
Legend

Re: Noble 22/11

Post by xaldin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm

What is the Noble format?
At its core, it is a hybrid of the Peasant and the EDH/Commander formats. Contrary to its name, Noble is designed for less-than-affluent players who have great ideas but don't have the money to buy a deck loaded with top-tier cards. Rather, it is designed for people who have a few good 1-ofs, but don't have enough money to fund ridiculous $500 decks. The general idea is to build around a favorite card, a bright spot in your collection, or just a card that you have a great idea for. But the idea is also to let budget builders have a chance to shine.

Sounds interesting. How does it work?
Thank you for asking, disembodied voice. First of all, let's talk about...

Deck Construction
Noble decks may include:

One rare or mythic rare card. This is your Noble card. The Noble card must be rare or mythic rare.
Up to four uncommon cards. These may be any combination of uncommons. For example you may run four 1-ofs, or you may run 4x Lightning Greaves if that's your thing.
The remaining cards must be common cards only.

Regarding rarity, each card's effective rarity is based on the lowest-rarity printing of that card. For example, Oblivion Ring is considered common even though it was printed as uncommon in the Magic 2012 Core Set. Furthermore, a card like Serra Angel that was printed as a rare at one time cannot be used as your Noble card because its lowest rarity printing was uncommon.

Noble is an eternal format, but it can exist in any of the non-eternal formats like Standard or Modern.

Beyond these rules, deck construction is the same as traditional deck construction. Specifically, there is a 60-card minimum, and this includes your 1 rare/mythic, up to 4 uncommons, and 55+ commons.

Sideboarding
Sideboarding is optional. You may choose to build a sideboard of up to 15 cards. Any cards contained in your sideboard count towards your overall rarity quotas. For example, if you choose to run 1x Path to Exile in your sideboard, you may only have up to 3 other uncommons anywhere in your deck. No rares or mythic rares are allowed in the sideboard, since only your Noble card is allowed to be rare or mythic rare.

Okay, now how do I play?
Separate your Noble card from the rest of your cards and set it aside. Much like the EDH format, your Noble card begins face down in the Command Zone, where it cannot be interacted with. You may look at your Noble card at any time, and you may cast your Noble card at any time allowed by the standard game rules.

Your Noble card may be cast from the Command Zone as though it were in your hand, and any abilities of your Noble card may be activated from the Command Zone as if the card were in your hand (for example: Suspend, Forecast, Ninjutsu).

Once your Noble card has been cast, it is treated as a normal card, and it cannot be returned to the Command Zone.
xaldin
Legend

Post by xaldin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm

de laagste rarity ooit geprint

misterQ wrote:Een paar vraagjes of het Noble toernooi van 22 november, klopt het dat het formaat modern is?

Hoe zit het juist met kaarten die zowel common als uncommon voorkomen? Telt de laagste rarity? Telt de laagste LEGAL rarity? Of telt de hoogste rarity?

zie index.php?f=5&t=1759&p=17924&hilit=nobl ... pic#p17924 voor de originele thread
misterQ
Legend

Post by misterQ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:31 pm

leer eens de vraag goed te lezen... ik heb heus wel de link die ik ZELF gepost heb bekeken

is ons noble toernooi eternal of modern?
"Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all."
—Ouallada

xaldin
Legend

Post by xaldin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm

modern
Darth-Unkel
Dwarf Fighter
Dwarf Fighter

Post by Darth-Unkel » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm

nog effe vragen .. als je dus je noble cast .. kan je die dan zoals in EDH voor meercost casten als die ne keer dood geweest is ?

Of wordt die dan behandeld als een gewoon kaartje?
xaldin
Legend

Post by xaldin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Gewoon kaartje. Niet zials edh
elladan
Battle Mage
Battle Mage

Post by elladan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am

Heb leuk deckske gemaakt... :twisted:
Destruction is the work of a moment, creation is the work of a lifetime.
misterQ
Legend

Post by misterQ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

die rare start ook face-down in de command zone
—Ouallada

Darth-Unkel
Dwarf Fighter
Dwarf Fighter

Post by Darth-Unkel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

telt die rare bij je 60 kaarten of niet ?
elladan
Battle Mage
Battle Mage

Post by elladan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 am

Denke het wel... :-k
Veel info over decks van dit type is er blijkbaar niet te vinden..
Destruction is the work of a moment, creation is the work of a lifetime.
misterQ
Legend

Post by misterQ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Darth-Unkel wrote:telt die rare bij je 60 kaarten of niet ?
jaja, de rare start gewoon in de command zone en je kan hem spelen wanneer je wil. Eens in spel dan is het een permanent gelijk een ander en keert niet terug naar de command zone als hij dood gaat of exiled wordt.

verder bestaat je deck uit 4 uncommons en de rest commons.
—Ouallada

MonoRed
Knight

Post by MonoRed » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 pm

xaldin wrote:modern
shit, daar gaat mijn fireblast...